- A Charge controller with MPPT capability frees the system designer from closely matching available PV voltage to battery voltage.
- Up to 25% extra power as compared to PWM models using MPPT
- Use MOSFET as an electronic switch, without any mechanical switch
- Protections – Battery over charge, Reverse polarity, Temp. compensated charging
- Considerable efficiency gains can be achieved, particularly when the PV array is located at some distance from the battery.
- By way of example, a 150 volt PV array connected to an MPPT charge controller can be used to charge a 24 or 48 volt battery.
- Higher array voltage means lower array current, so the savings in wiring costs can more than pay for the controller.